Isn’t friendship a beautiful thing? You’re likely to encounter thousands and thousands of people throughout your life, and yet, only a handful end up being called friends. Such friendships are the bonds you can turn to when you don’t always have family available for help, or even for some company during rough times. Really – how far could any of us have come without a little boost from friends?
Therefore, we’d like to pay tribute to the good friends who have stood by you and played a part in your success – in both your career and your personal life. Here are 30 meaningful quotes about memories with friends that will remind you of just how valuable friendships are.
1. “When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.” – Anonymous
2. “Every moment comes on when I hear that old song that we used to sing with the words all wrong.” – Anonymous
3. “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
4. “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” – Donna Roberts
5. “It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. “Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” – Anonymous
7. “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
8. “Old wood best to burn, old wine to drink, old friends to trust, and old authors to read.” – Athenaeus
9. “There's something about childhood friends that you just can't replace.” – Lisa Whelchel
10. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” – Elisabeth Foley
11. “Make new friends, but keep the old; Those are silver, these are gold.” – Joseph Parry
12. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” – Clifton Fadiman
13. “It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” – Marlene Dietrich
14. “Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. “When the road looks rough ahead
And you're miles and miles
From your nice warm bed
You just remember what your old pal said
You've got a friend in me.” – Randy Newman
Among the quotes about memories with friends here, this is the only one taken from a song. In case you’re unfamiliar with it, this is the Toy Story theme song. And indeed, the film and its sequels perfectly teach kids what a considerate, loyal, true friend is. If we all have one friend we remember to count on when the going gets tough, life is far more bearable.
16. “I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy. Let’s face it, friends make life a lot more fun.” – Charles R. Swindoll
17. “It's easy to impress me. I don't need a fancy party to be happy. Just good friends, good food, and good laughs. I'm happy. I'm satisfied. I'm content.” – Maria Sharapova
18. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” – Tennessee Williams
19. “Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day.” – Dalai Lama
20. “Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.” – Stephen King
21. “Understand that friends come and go, but with a precious few you should hold on. The older you get, the more you need the people who knew you when you were young.” – Mary Schmich
22. “We don't have the luxury of time. We spend more because of how we live, but it's important to be with our family and friends.” – Sara Blakely
23. “Awards become corroded. Friends gather no dust.” – Jesse Owens
24. “Some people arrive and make such a beautiful impact on your life, you can barely remember what life was like without them.” – Anna Taylor
25. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” – Marcel Proust
26. “Cherish your human connections — your relationships with friends and family.” – Barbara Bush
27. “A good friend is a connection to life — a tie to the past, a road to the future, the key to sanity in a totally insane world.” – Lois Wyse
28. “Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.” – Washington Irving
29. “You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.” – Anonymous
30. “A moment lasts all of a second, but the memory lives on forever.” – Anonymous
So, you’ve read these quotes about memories with friends. But do you keep your photos with friends in a safe, secure space? We recommend you use the Memories website and mobile app for this purpose. What’s great about the Memories platform is how easy it is to use, and the fact it’s designed with industry-standard SSL encryption.
You’ll have tons of storage space for your precious photos and videos. It’s also easy to create different Timelines which you can share via links with friends and loved ones. Enjoy the freedom to digitise photos, send pictures easily and collaborate with others on digital albums. Click here to register an account on Memories and start preserving your memorable photographs.